Amarnath Trek 2020
Amarnath Trek is undoubtly the best and much sought after pilgrimage trek in Kashmir. It is unmatched both in its scenic beauty en route and the religious significance. The mountains that surround this trek are believed to be the adobe of Lord Shiva. The trek starts at Sonamarg and terminates at Shivling Cave. The Cave is believed where Lord Shiva preached the lessons of immortality to his wife Parwati. The cave has a giant ice shivling. The hermits and ascetics can been seen taken this journey on barefoot adorning in minimal clothing, braving cold and altitude to get the blessings and approval from Lord Shiva.
Amarnath trek spread below the magnificent Amarnath Peak which stands at an altitide of 5186m. The cave lies to the south side of it at an altitude of 3800m. The Amarnath Peak constitues among one of the highest altitude peaks of Kashmir.
This trek is taken for both its religious significance and unmatched landscape.
The main attraction of the trek is obviously the cave, amarnath glacier, amarnath peak, panchtarni where the cofulation of streams happens, and two routes one from Pahagam and another from Sonamarg converge. The trek can be taken from either Sonamarg or Pahalgam.
Best time to do Amarnath Trek
- The best time to do this trek is from June to October.
How to reach the Base Camp
- After landing in Srinagar, the cab from will ferry you to the base camp situated at Baltal, Sonamarg.
Safety and Expertise
- Panikhar Warwan Trek is an easy trek. There is no technical climbing or advanced mountaineering involved. it is recommended for all age groups.
Things to Carry
- Backpack & rain cover, trekking shoes preferably high-ankle one, day pack to carry on-the-trek essentials like a lunch box, water bottle, sunglasses, sunscreen, protein bars etc, headlamp/torch, trekking pole, personal medical kit.
- Thermals, fleece jacket, down feather jacket, waterproof pants, sun cap, woollen cap: toiletries: sunscreen, lip balm, toilet paper, hand sanitizer, toothbrush & toothpaste, hand towel, sanitary napkins etc.
Terms & Conditions:
Please read the below-mentioned policies carefully before finishing your booking with us.
1. Cancellation policy
- Cancellation of any expedition/trek/tour must be notified immediately in writing. The cancellation process will be initiated only after receiving a cancellation mail from your end.
- For any cancellation requested 40 days prior to the first day of any expedition/trek/tour, the full amount will be refunded with 10% of the amount deducted as processing fee.
- For any cancellation requested between 40 to 30 days prior to the first day of expedition/trek/tour, only 50% of the amount will be refunded without any processing fee deduction. If cancellation is requested 30 days prior to the first day of expedition/trek/tour, there will be no refund.
- The rates/fees for the trek once decided will remain the same; however, if the group size is trimmed from the client end, the rates/fees may vary. In case of any untoward situation like a natural disaster, national emergency, terrorist activity, adverse weather conditions or any other unforeseen situations, the refund may or may not be entertained which will solely be upon Cliffhangers to decide. However, there will be no cash refund. The clients will get the voucher which they can redeem anytime for another trek/trip of their own choice organised by Cliffhangers India.
2. Medical Fitness
- Please get a recommendation from a registered medical officer/institute; getting a medical certificate is a must before embarking on an expedition/trekking. If you suffer from a severe lung/heart/muscle disorders or any disease that can turn fatal, you are advised not to take any expedition/trekking with us.
- In case you lack the required fitness, or are suffering from diseases that have the potential of becoming fatal in the mountains/ high altitude, Cliffhangers reserves the right to bar your participation from any expedition/trekking without any refund/compensation.
3. Travel Insurance
- You are advised to have a travel insurance cover. Our prices/fees don’t cover insurance or any other travel cover. Your travel insurance must cover accidents, injury, illness, and death medical expenses including any related to pre-existing medical conditions, emergency repatriation including helicopter rescue and air ambulance where applicable and personal liability.
4. Promotional Material
- Cliffhangers India reserves the right to take photographs/videos of participants and use them for any marketing/promotional activity. Any objection should be sent in writing before the commencement of any expedition/trek with us.
5. Identity Proof
- Please carry a valid Identity Proof. A valid passport and visa for all the tourists from outside India, and for Indians a valid identity proof preferably Aadhaar Card.
6. Environment Consciousness
- Please keep the environment cleanliness strictly into consideration. Any behaviour/activity that is averse/harmful to environment conservation is strictly prohibited. You are recommended to avoid carrying any non-biodegradable items during the expedition/trek/tour; in case it’s a medical or other necessity, please dispose of them off properly (dustbins) after the expedition/trek is over.
- Cutting a tree/plant, killing/injuring any animal, polluting water bodies/glaciers will prompt legal action. Please refrain yourself from harming any plant/animal or water body.