Harmukh Valley Trek
Harmukh Valley Trek is an amazing alpine trail and considered as a most beautiful trek in Kashmir. This trek has a camping beside Gangbal Lake (the largest alpine lake of Kashmir) and Under the lofty Mount Harmukh which is towering at the height of 5142 meters (4th highest mountain of Valley).
Known as the Eiger of Kashmir, it was from Mount Harmukh that Thomas Montgomery, a great trigonometric surveyor, first discovered K1 and K2 Mountains in 1865. Gangbal Lake is considered the river Ganges in Shivism.
THINGS TO CARRY
- Backpack & rain cover, trekking shoes preferably high-ankle one, day pack to carry on-the-trek essentials like a lunch box, water bottle, sunglasses, sunscreen, protein bars etc, headlamp/torch, trekking pole, personal medical kit.
- Thermals, fleece jacket, down feather jacket, waterproof pants, sun cap, woollen cap, toiletries: sunscreen, toilet paper, hand sanitizer, toothbrush & toothpaste, sanitary napkins etc.
Best Time to Visit Harmukh Valley Trek
- This trek is done in both summers and winters. If you want to see the Mighty Harmukh draped in Snow & the Gangbal Lake, the largest alpine lake of Kashmir frozen and snowy then visit this beautiful trail in winters. But if you want to feel the sun and wind and clouds gathering around you then summer is the season for you.
How to reach the base camp
- Once you land in Srinagar, the cab will take you to the Naranag which serves as the starting point of the trek.
Safety and Expertise:
- Harmukh Valley Trek is an easy trek recommended for beginners and experts alike. This trek does not require any mountaineering credentials or trekking expertise and is safe for all age groups.
Terms & Conditions
Please read the below-mentioned policies carefully before finishing your booking with us.
1. Cancellation policy
- Cancellation of any expedition/trek/tour must be notified immediately in writing. The cancellation process will be initiated only after receiving a cancellation mail from your end.
- For any cancellation requested 40 days prior to the first day of any expedition/trek/tour, full amount will be refunded with 10% of the amount deducted as processing fee.
- For any cancellation requested between 40 to 30 days prior to the first day of expedition/trek/tour, only 50% of the amount will be refunded without any processing fee deduction. If cancellation is requested 30 days prior to the first day of expedition/trek/tour, there will be no refund.
- The rates/fees for the trek once decided will remain the same; however, if the group size is trimmed from the client end, the rates/fees may vary.
- In case of any untoward situation like a natural disaster, national emergency, terrorist activity, adverse weather conditions or any other unforeseen situations, the refund may or may not be entertained which will solely be upon Cliffhangers India to decide. However, there will be no cash refund. The clients will get the voucher which they can redeem anytime for another trek/trip of their own choice organised by Cliffhangers India.
2. Medical Fitness
- Please get a recommendation from a registered medical officer/institute; getting a medical certificate is a must before embarking on an expedition/trekking. If you suffer from a severe lung/heart/muscle disorders or any disease that can turn fatal, you are advised not to take any expedition/trekking with us.
- In case you lack the required fitness, or are suffering from diseases that have the potential of becoming fatal in the mountains/ high altitude, Cliffhangers reserves the right to bar your participation from any expedition/trekking without any refund/compensation.
3. Travel Insurance
- You are advised to have a travel insurance cover. Our prices/fees don’t cover insurance or any other travel cover. Your travel insurance must cover accidents, injury, illness, and death medical expenses including any related to pre-existing medical conditions, emergency repatriation including helicopter rescue and air ambulance where applicable and personal liability.
4. Promotional Material
- Cliffhangers India reserves the right to take photographs/videos of participants and use them for any marketing/promotional activity. Any objection should be sent in writing before the commencement of any expedition/trek with us.
5. Identity Proof
- Please carry a valid Identity Proof. A valid passport and visa for all the tourists from outside India, and for Indians a valid identity proof preferably Aadhaar Card.
6. Environment Consciousness
- Please keep the environment cleanliness strictly into consideration. Any behaviour/activity that is averse/harmful to environment conservation is strictly prohibited.
- You are recommended to avoid carrying any non-biodegradable items during the expedition/trek/tour; in case it’s a medical or other necessity, please dispose of them off properly (dustbins) after the expedition/trek is over.
- Cutting a tree/plant, killing/injuring any animal, polluting water bodies/glaciers will prompt legal action. Please refrain yourself from harming any plant/animal or water body.
Day1 We drive to the Naranag base camp and have an acclimatization walk around the ruins of ancient temple and meet the local highland people.
Day2 A three-hour ascend through pine forests of Buthshre and then a short steady walk leading to the famous Trunkhol. Trunkhol is a first sight where the Eastern Face of Mighty Mount Harmukh can be seen: A five thousand feet vertical wall made of Rock and Ice give it a sobriquet “Eiger”.
Day 3 We start trekking towards Nandansar/Nundkol Alpine Lake through the fascinating meadows of pristine grassy floor.
Day 4 A mild trek will lead us to the famous Gangbal Lake which is the largest Alpine Lake of Kashmir and main source of Wangat River.
We walk along the length of this lake and get a fascinating view of the glaciers of Mount Harmukh and the extreme route to its Summit. On the same day, we can explore more lakes. We return to the Nundkol camp for an overnight stay.
Day 5 We trek down to Naranag and then drive to Srinagar
Harmukh Valley Trek Ends Here
Accommodation in tents/ home stays on twin sharing basis. Transportation from Srinagar to Base Camp and back.
Sleeping bags, Sleeping Mattresses, Toilet Tents & Kitchen Tents.
Daily meals (Breakfast Lunch and Dinner).
Passes and Permits.
Basic Medical / First Aid Kit.
Staff (Trek Leaders, Cooks and Helpers).
Expenses of personal nature like Laundry, Phone Calls, Alcohol, Cigarettes, Camera Fee, and Bottled Water etc
Travel Insurance and other Emergency Expenses.
Anything which has not been included in the Inclusion Section.