Mount Kolahoi Expedition
The first successful ascend to Kolahoi Peak was made by British Medical Team headed by Dr. Earnest Neve and Professor Kenneth Mason in 1912 from the eastern couloirs which was later named as Neve/Mason couloir. Kolahoi Peak, also known as the Matterhorn of Kashmir, lies in NW Himalayas rising from the Kolahoi Glacier. In 1935 another successful summit was done by John hunt through its South Route. The route is still considered moderate for climbing. Recently, in 2015, the peak was climbed by our team member Mohammad Shafqat along with two fellow climbers. The group took Neve/Mason route and later in the same month another successful attempt was made by the Indian Mountaineering Foundation with Jammu & Kashmir Mountaineering and Hiking Club following the route that John Hunt took in 1935. One of our team members Junaid Baigh was also part of the expedition.
How to reach the Base Camp
- After landing in Srinagar, the cab from Cliffhangers India will ferry you to the base camp situated near Pahalgam.
Things to Carry:
- Backpack & rain cover, trekking shoes preferably high-ankle one, day pack to carry on-the-trek essentials like a lunch box, water bottle, sunglasses, sunscreen, protein bars etc, headlamp/torch, trekking pole, personal medical kit.
- Thermals, fleece jacket, down feather jacket, waterproof pants, sun cap, woollen cap: toiletries: sunscreen, lip balm, toilet paper, hand sanitizer, toothbrush & toothpaste, hand towel, sanitary napkins etc.
Terms & Conditions
Please read the below-mentioned policies carefully before finishing your booking with us.
1. Cancellation policy
- Cancellation of any expedition/trek/tour must be notified immediately in writing. The cancellation process will be initiated only after receiving a cancellation mail from your end.
- For any cancellation requested 40 days prior to the first day of any expedition/trek/tour, the full amount will be refunded with 10% of the amount deducted as processing fee.
- For any cancellation requested between 40 to 30 days prior to the first day of expedition/trek/tour, only 50% of the amount will be refunded without any processing fee deduction. If cancellation is requested 30 days prior to the first day of expedition/trek/tour, there will be no refund.
- The rates/fees for the trek once decided will remain the same; however, if the group size is trimmed from the client end, the rates/fees may vary.
- In case of any untoward situation like a natural disaster, national emergency, terrorist activity, adverse weather conditions or any other unforeseen situations, the refund may or may not be entertained which will solely be upon Cliffhangers India to decide. However, there will be no cash refund. The clients will get the voucher which they can redeem anytime for another trek/trip of their own choice organised by Cliffhangers India.
2. Medical Fitness
- Please get a recommendation from a registered medical officer/institute; getting a medical certificate is a must before embarking on an expedition/trekking. If you suffer from a severe lung/heart/muscle disorders or any disease that can turn fatal, you are advised not to take any expedition/trekking with us.
- In case you lack the required fitness, or are suffering from diseases that have the potential of becoming fatal in the mountains/ high altitude, Cliffhangers reserves the right to bar your participation from any expedition/trekking without any refund/compensation.
3. Travel Insurance
- You are advised to have a travel insurance cover. Our prices/fees don’t cover insurance or any other travel cover. Your travel insurance must cover accidents, injury, illness, and death medical expenses including any related to pre-existing medical conditions, emergency repatriation including helicopter rescue and air ambulance where applicable and personal liability.
4. Promotional Material
- Cliffhangers India reserves the right to take photographs/videos of participants and use them for any marketing/promotional activity. Any objection should be sent in writing before the commencement of any expedition/trek with us.
5. Identity Proof
- Please carry a valid Identity Proof. A valid passport and visa for all the tourists from outside India, and for Indians a valid identity proof preferably Aadhaar Card.
6. Environment Consciousness
- Please keep the environment cleanliness strictly into consideration. Any behaviour/activity that is averse/harmful to environment conservation is strictly prohibited.
- You are recommended to avoid carrying any non-biodegradable items during the expedition/trek/tour; in case it’s a medical or other necessity, please dispose of them off properly (dustbins) after the expedition/trek is over.
- Cutting a tree/plant, killing/injuring any animal, polluting water bodies/glaciers will prompt legal action. Please refrain yourself from harming any plant/animal or water body.
Mild hike of 3 hours from Aru to Lidder valley for an overnight stay.
Further, ascend to the Base Camp at Dodhsar (3750m) and establish a camp.
After steep ascend to Glacier snout we will travel through Northern Glacier to Camp 1 (summit camp) on Southern Col and will return to the Base Camp for acclimatization.
Load ferrying from Base camp to Camp 1 (4750m) and stay overnight for the summit push.
Day 5 to Day 7
Descend back through the same route to the Base Camp.
Trek back to Aru.
We start early from a different route and establish a Base Camp at Danwath (4000m)
Early ascend through Mosa’s Graveyard (Glacier) then a steep ascend to Burdlau ridge and descend to Southern Col (Camp 1 / Summit Camp)
Day 3 and 4
Descend back to the Base Camp
Back to Aru