Valley of Flowers Trek Description
This trek in Uttrakhand is undoubtedly one of the best treks in India. What makes it enchanting is a long stretch of land filled with varied wildflowers and insects. The valley is at the hem of snowy Himalayas and continues with vast meadows filled with endemic alpine life. It habituates rare animals like blue sheep, musk deer, snow leopard etc.
The valley of flowers has remained a go-to place for meditation since ancient times. The place has religious significance and is a perfect adobe for botanists and nature lovers alike.
Valley of flowers in an easily doable trek done during Monsoon season. It has a maximum altitude of 16500ft.
Best Time to Visit Valley of Flowers
- The rainy season is the best season to visit this place as the flowers come in full bloom. So ideally July, August and September are the ideal months to take this trek.
How to reach the Base Camp
- There is a bus/train service from Haridvar to the Base Camp Govindghat.
Safety and Expertise
Valley of Flowers is an easy trek recommended for beginners and experts alike. The trek remains drenched mostly, so if you like to get mesmerised with mountains, meadows and flowers dappled in sun and drenched in monsoon, this trek is ideal. This trek does not require any mountaineering credentials or expertise and is safe for all age groups.
Things to Carry:
- Backpack & rain cover, trekking shoes preferably high-ankle one, day pack to carry on-the-trek essentials like a lunch box, water bottle, sunglasses, sunscreen, protein bars etc, headlamp/torch, trekking pole, personal medical kit.
- Thermals, fleece jacket, down feather jacket, waterproof pants, sun cap, woolen cap: toiletries: sunscreen, lip balm, toilet paper, hand sanitizer, toothbrush & toothpaste, hand towel, sanitary napkins etc.
Terms & Conditions
Please read the below-mentioned policies carefully before finishing your booking with us.
1. Cancellation policy
- Cancellation of any expedition/trek/tour must be notified immediately in writing. The cancellation process will be initiated only after receiving a cancellation mail from your end.
- For any cancellation requested 40 days prior to the first day of any expedition/trek/tour, full amount will be refunded with 10% of the amount deducted as processing fee.
- For any cancellation requested between 40 to 30 days prior to the first day of expedition/trek/tour, only 50% of the amount will be refunded without any processing fee deduction. If cancellation is requested 30 days prior to the first day of expedition/trek/tour, there will be no refund.
- The rates/fees for the trek once decided will remain the same; however, if the group size is trimmed from the client end, the rates/fees may vary.
- In case of any untoward situation like a natural disaster, national emergency, terrorist activity, adverse weather conditions or any other unforeseen situations, the refund may or may not be entertained which will solely be upon Cliffhangers India to decide. However, there will be no cash refund. The clients will get the voucher which they can redeem anytime for another trek/trip of their own choice organised by Cliffhangers India.
2. Medical Fitness
- Please get a recommendation from a registered medical officer/institute; getting a medical certificate is a must before embarking on an expedition/trekking. If you suffer from a severe lung/heart/muscle disorders or any disease that can turn fatal, you are advised not to take any expedition/trekking with us.
- In case you lack the required fitness, or are suffering from diseases that have the potential of becoming fatal in the mountains/ high altitude, Cliffhangers reserves the right to bar your participation from any expedition/trekking without any refund/compensation.
3. Travel Insurance
- You are advised to have a travel insurance cover. Our prices/fees don’t cover insurance or any other travel cover. Your travel insurance must cover accidents, injury, illness, and death medical expenses including any related to pre-existing medical conditions, emergency repatriation including helicopter rescue and air ambulance where applicable and personal liability.
4. Promotional Material
- Cliffhangers India reserves the right to take photographs/videos of participants and use them for any marketing/promotional activity. Any objection should be sent in writing before the commencement of any expedition/trek with us.
5. Identity Proof
- Please carry a valid Identity Proof. A valid passport and visa for all the tourists from outside India, and for Indians a valid identity proof preferably Aadhaar Card.
6. Environment Consciousness
- Please keep the environment cleanliness strictly into consideration. Any behaviour/activity that is averse/harmful to environment conservation is strictly prohibited.
- You are recommended to avoid carrying any non-biodegradable items during the expedition/trek/tour; in case it’s a medical or other necessity, please dispose of them off properly (dustbins) after the expedition/trek is over.
- Cutting a tree/plant, killing/injuring any animal, polluting water bodies/glaciers will prompt legal action. Please refrain yourself from harming any plant/animal or water body.
Valley of Flowers Itinerary
Day 1 Drive from Haridvar to Govindghat
The first day of the trip is a long drive from Haridvar to Govindghat via Devprayag, Rudraprayag and Joshimath
Day 2 Govindghat to Gangharia Trek
This is the first day of Valley of Flowers Trek. This trek goes through two pristine hamlets, Pulna and Bhyundar, before it terminates at Gangharia.
Day 3 Towards Valley of Flowers
This is the day you will reach the beauty of the trek, The Valley of Flowers. Witness one of the best floral views of India, an unending stretch of colourful flowers in full bloom in the foreground of mighty Himalayas. The land hosts innumerable butterflies and insects and by water streams snake through this valley.
Day 4 Trek towards Hemkund Sahib
This is a bit arduous trek day of the entire Valley of Flowers Trek. The Hemkund Sahib is a religious place believed to be the place where Guru Gobind Singh had meditated.
Day 5 Trek from Gangharia to Govindghat
This is the last trek day. We will trek back to Govidghat.
Day 6 Drive to Haridvar/Risikesh
Drive back to Haridvar/Risikesh
End of Valley of Flowers Trek
- Accommodation in tents/ homestays on twin sharing basis.
- Sleeping bags, Sleeping Mattresses, Toilet Tents & Kitchen Tents.
- Daily meals (Breakfast Lunch and Dinner).
- Passes and Permits.
- Load ferrying.
- Basic Medical / First Aid Kit.
- Staff (Trek Leaders, Cooks and Helpers).
- Accommodation & food in Dehradun. However, we can recommend some hotels/homestays.
- Expenses of personal nature like Laundry, Phone Calls, Alcohol, Cigarettes, Camera Fee, and Bottled Water etc
- Travel Insurance and other Emergency Expenses.
- Personal Gear
- Anything which has not been included in the Inclusion Section.