Brahmatal is a classic winter trek in Uttrakhand fit for both beginners and Pro hikers alike. The trek is considered a pilgrimage sort of in Hinduism and reaches the maximum altitude of 12600ft. The trek is best done in December till February. The trail of the trek winds through the Himalayas, offering snow-clad mountains, meadows, streams and forests. It has remained a go-to trek for many adventure and nature lovers for years now.
THINGS TO CARRY
- Backpack & rain cover, trekking shoes preferably high-ankle one, day pack to carry on-the-trek essentials like a lunch box, water bottle, sunglasses, sunscreen, protein bars etc, headlamp/torch, trekking pole, personal medical kit.
- Thermals, fleece jacket, down feather jacket, waterproof pants, sun cap, woollen cap, toiletries: sunscreen, toilet paper, hand sanitizer, toothbrush & toothpaste, sanitary napkins etc.
Best Time for Brahmatal Trek
- Brahmatal Trek is a winter trek. It is best to do this trek from December to March.
Safety and Expertise:
- Brahmatal Trek is an easy trek recommended for beginners and experts alike. This trek does not require any prior mountaineering or trekking training.
Terms & Conditions
Please read the below-mentioned policies carefully before finishing your booking with us.
1. Cancellation policy
- Cancellation of any expedition/trek/tour must be notified immediately in writing. The cancellation process will be initiated only after receiving a cancellation mail from your end.
- For any cancellation requested 40 days prior to the first day of any expedition/trek/tour, full amount will be refunded with 10% of the amount deducted as processing fee.
- For any cancellation requested between 40 to 30 days prior to the first day of expedition/trek/tour, only 50% of the amount will be refunded without any processing fee deduction. If cancellation is requested 30 days prior to the first day of expedition/trek/tour, there will be no refund.
- The rates/fees for the trek once decided will remain the same; however, if the group size is trimmed from the client end, the rates/fees may vary.
- In case of any untoward situation like a natural disaster, national emergency, terrorist activity, adverse weather conditions or any other unforeseen situations, the refund may or may not be entertained which will solely be upon Cliffhangers India to decide. However, there will be no cash refund. The clients will get the voucher which they can redeem anytime for another trek/trip of their own choice organised by Cliffhangers India.
2. Medical Fitness
- Please get a recommendation from a registered medical officer/institute; getting a medical certificate is a must before embarking on an expedition/trekking. If you suffer from a severe lung/heart/muscle disorders or any disease that can turn fatal, you are advised not to take any expedition/trekking with us.
- In case you lack the required fitness, or are suffering from diseases that have the potential of becoming fatal in the mountains/ high altitude, Cliffhangers reserves the right to bar your participation from any expedition/trekking without any refund/compensation.
3. Travel Insurance
- You are advised to have a travel insurance cover. Our prices/fees don’t cover insurance or any other travel cover. Your travel insurance must cover accidents, injury, illness, and death medical expenses including any related to pre-existing medical conditions, emergency repatriation including helicopter rescue and air ambulance where applicable and personal liability.
4. Promotional Material
- Cliffhangers India reserves the right to take photographs/videos of participants and use them for any marketing/promotional activity. Any objection should be sent in writing before the commencement of any expedition/trek with us.
5. Identity Proof
- Please carry a valid Identity Proof. A valid passport and visa for all the tourists from outside India, and for Indians a valid identity proof preferably Aadhaar Card.
6. Environment Consciousness
- Please keep the environment cleanliness strictly into consideration. Any behaviour/activity that is averse/harmful to environment conservation is strictly prohibited.
- You are recommended to avoid carrying any non-biodegradable items during the expedition/trek/tour; in case it’s a medical or other necessity, please dispose of them off properly (dustbins) after the expedition/trek is over.
- Cutting a tree/plant, killing/injuring any animal, polluting water bodies/glaciers will prompt legal action. Please refrain yourself from harming any plant/animal or water body.
Drive from Dehradun to Lohajung
The trip starts with a drive from Dehradun to Lohajung. En route one sees the confluence of rivers, the gushing waters will be alongside most of the driving route.
Trek from Lohajung to Bekaltal
This is the first trekking day. Start early after breakfast from Lohajung towards Bekltal. Most of the trek is through dense forests. Enjoy the canopy of the forests and soothe your eyes and senses with the lush green vegetation.
Trek from Bekaltal to Brahmatal Campsite
In winters, this trail from Bekaltal to Brahmatal Campsite is mostly covered in snow. The trail is made of steep ascents and descents. The view is mesmerising, spend some time in photography as you will be cherishing the memories for your entire lifetime. One can see the Greater Himalyas standing loftily in the surroundings as one reaches the Brahmatal Lake.
Trek from Brehmatal to Brahmatal Top and Back to Campsite
This is the climax of the trek. On this day, you will scale Brahmatal Top and will need some willing and endurance to do it. After you have conquered the Top, rest for some and take a look around the enchanting look from the above before descending back to the Brahmatal Campsite. The Brahmatal Top gives a panoramic view of the Greater Himalayas covered in the blanket of snow.
Trek from Brehmatal to Lohajung
After having a night’s rest and early breakfast, the trek will descend back to Lohajung Village. You can mesimerize yourself with the local village life and their cuisines and traditions. The people are hospitable and can offer you local food and folklore.
Drive from Lohajung to Dehradun
This is the last day of the trip. Drive back to Dehradun.
Brahmatal Trek ends here.
Accommodation in tents/ home stays on twin sharing basis. Transportation from Srinagar to Base Camp and back.
Sleeping bags, Sleeping Mattresses, Toilet Tents & Kitchen Tents.
Daily meals (Breakfast Lunch and Dinner).
Passes and Permits.
Basic Medical / First Aid Kit.
Staff (Trek Leaders, Cooks and Helpers).
Expenses of personal nature like Laundry, Phone Calls, Alcohol, Cigarettes, Camera Fee, and Bottled Water etc
Travel Insurance and other Emergency Expenses.
Anything which has not been included in the Inclusion Section.