Hampta Pass Trek
Hampta pass stands loftily at an altitude of 14000ft. The trek to Hampta pass offers a unique blend of meadows, mountains and wild flora and fauna. It is a connecting trail between two beautiful valleys’ Lahaul and Kullu of Himachal Pradesh. The trek nestles a crystal clean alpine lake called Chandratal. En route one beholds Mighty Rohtang Pass.
Hampta pass Trek is an easy trek ideal for beginners. Its enchanting landscape and the varied animal and plant life draw throngs of trekkers every season. The best time to do this trek is from June to October.
THINGS TO CARRY
- Backpack & rain cover, trekking shoes preferably high-ankle one, day pack to carry on-the-trek essentials like a lunch box, water bottle, sunglasses, sunscreen, protein bars etc, headlamp/torch, trekking pole, personal medical kit.
- Thermals, fleece jacket, down feather jacket, waterproof pants, sun cap, woollen cap, toiletries: sunscreen, toilet paper, hand sanitizer, toothbrush & toothpaste, sanitary napkins etc.
Best Time to Visit Hampta Pass
- The best time to visit Hampta Pass Trek is from ending June to October. It is an easy to moderate trek and the monsoons make the trek more adventurous.
How to reach the Base Camp
- There is a bus/train service to Manali. The trek trip starts and terminates at Manali.
Safety and Expertise
- Hampta Pass Trek is an easy trek recommended for beginners and experts alike. However, at the start/end of the year when the snow is still over higher reaches, this trek becomes a bit challenging but doable.
Terms & Conditions
Please read the below-mentioned policies carefully before finishing your booking with us.
1. Cancellation policy
- Cancellation of any expedition/trek/tour must be notified immediately in writing. The cancellation process will be initiated only after receiving a cancellation mail from your end.
- For any cancellation requested 40 days prior to the first day of any expedition/trek/tour, full amount will be refunded with 10% of the amount deducted as processing fee.
- For any cancellation requested between 40 to 30 days prior to the first day of expedition/trek/tour, only 50% of the amount will be refunded without any processing fee deduction. If cancellation is requested 30 days prior to the first day of expedition/trek/tour, there will be no refund.
- The rates/fees for the trek once decided will remain the same; however, if the group size is trimmed from the client end, the rates/fees may vary.
- In case of any untoward situation like a natural disaster, national emergency, terrorist activity, adverse weather conditions or any other unforeseen situations, the refund may or may not be entertained which will solely be upon Cliffhangers India to decide. However, there will be no cash refund. The clients will get the voucher which they can redeem anytime for another trek/trip of their own choice organised by Cliffhangers India.
2. Medical Fitness
- Please get a recommendation from a registered medical officer/institute; getting a medical certificate is a must before embarking on an expedition/trekking. If you suffer from a severe lung/heart/muscle disorders or any disease that can turn fatal, you are advised not to take any expedition/trekking with us.
- In case you lack the required fitness, or are suffering from diseases that have the potential of becoming fatal in the mountains/ high altitude, Cliffhangers reserves the right to bar your participation from any expedition/trekking without any refund/compensation.
3. Travel Insurance
- You are advised to have a travel insurance cover. Our prices/fees don’t cover insurance or any other travel cover. Your travel insurance must cover accidents, injury, illness, and death medical expenses including any related to pre-existing medical conditions, emergency repatriation including helicopter rescue and air ambulance where applicable and personal liability.
4. Promotional Material
- Cliffhangers India reserves the right to take photographs/videos of participants and use them for any marketing/promotional activity. Any objection should be sent in writing before the commencement of any expedition/trek with us.
5. Identity Proof
- Please carry a valid Identity Proof. A valid passport and visa for all the tourists from outside India, and for Indians a valid identity proof preferably Aadhaar Card.
6. Environment Consciousness
- Please keep the environment cleanliness strictly into consideration. Any behaviour/activity that is averse/harmful to environment conservation is strictly prohibited.
- You are recommended to avoid carrying any non-biodegradable items during the expedition/trek/tour; in case it’s a medical or other necessity, please dispose of them off properly (dustbins) after the expedition/trek is over.
- Cutting a tree/plant, killing/injuring any animal, polluting water bodies/glaciers will prompt legal action. Please refrain yourself from harming any plant/animal or water body.
Drive from Manali to Jobra and Trek to Chika
A short drive from Manali to Jobra passes through lush green areas and one gets to see Rani Nallah running alongside. Once you reach Jobra, the trek starts with a mild hike, going through forest into Jobra meadow, a regular place for shepherded to tend their cattle. One has to pass through a river and beside waterfall before entering into Chika Campsite
Trek from Chika to Balu ka Ghera
To reach Balu Ka Ghera, one has to pass through the area surrounded by snowy mountains. the trail is strewn with colourful flowers and rock boulders. One can get the view of lofty Hanuman Tibba Peak. Balu Ka Ghera, as the name suggests is an adobe of Brown Bear.
Trek from Balu Ka Ghera to Shea Goru via Hampta Pass
This is an outstanding day of the trek as one ascends a steep trail towards Hampta Pass. Once the trek culminates at Hampta Pass, there is an equal descent that trails down into Shea Goru. An ideal trek planning for this day is to split the day equally between ascent and descent.
Trek from Shea Goru to Chatru; Drive from Chandratal and back to Chhatru
The trail is marred with shaky rocks and slippery soil. One should tread cautiously. On the way, one gets to see the Chandra River and has to cross a few streams before reaching the Chatru Campsite. A visit to the famous Chandratal, The Moon Lake, in Spiti is subject to the clearance of snow.
Drive from Chhatru to Manali
This is the last day of the trip. One has to drive back to Manali via magnificent Rohtang Pass.
End of Hampta Pass Trek
- Accommodation in tents/ homestays on twin sharing basis.
- Sleeping bags, Sleeping Mattresses, Toilet Tents & Kitchen Tents.
- Daily meals (Breakfast Lunch and Dinner).
- Passes and Permits.
- Load ferrying.
- Basic Medical / First Aid Kit.
- Staff (Trek Leaders, Cooks and Helpers).
- Accommodation & food in Manali. However, we can recommend some hotels/homestays.
- Transportation to Manali from your homestay is not included.
- Expenses of personal nature like Laundry, Phone Calls, Alcohol, Cigarettes, Camera Fee, and Bottled Water etc.
Travel Insurance and other Emergency Expenses.