The COVID-19 pandemic restricted us within the four walls of our house. What the outside world looked like; the evolution of the external world couldn’t be seen by us. But, the gradual opening of public places has reignited our desire to pack our bags and go to far-off places. One such place that today we are going to recommend is, Leh-Ladakh. Today in this blog we will be explaing in detaile how leh ladakh in November looks.
Leh Ladakh is a picturesque destination settled in the wide and expansive Himalayas. What makes this site attractive is not only the mighty Himalayas but also the gushing rivers, verdant valleys, Buddhist architecture, delicious cuisine, etc. Adventure junkies do reach here for hiking and trekking and exploring the rough terrain of Leh-Ladakh on foot.
Whether solo travel, a weekend gateway with friends, a refreshing vacation with family members, or a romantic holiday with your partner, Leh has something exciting to offer to all the tourists. To chalk out an interesting tour plan for yourself, Cliffhangers India comes to your aid. The team of Cliffhangers India consists of experienced members who will design the best travel plan for you.
- Book here Ladakh tour packages.
About Leh Ladakh
Leh is one of the administrative districts of the newly-created Union Territory of Ladakh. Leh is situated at an altitude of 11,500 feet.
Apart from geographical features, Leh has Tibetan influences in its architecture and culture. Thus, Leh has a mix of elements that makes it a perfect tourist destination.
How to reach Leh Ladakh in November?
By Air- The only commercial airport that functions in Ladakh is the Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport, situated in Leh. This airport is one of the highest airports in the world.
By Train- Since, there is no railway station in Ladakh. Thus, the nearest railway station, in that case, would be, the Jammu Tawi Railway Station.
By Road- You can reach Leh through two routes- via Srinagar or Manali. Just keep one thing in mind- since these routes are at a high altitude, you may witness a bit of snowfall in the month of November.
Places to visit in Leh Ladakh in November
- Pangong Tso Lake- Pangong Tso meaning “high grassland lake” is an endorheic lake (also called sink lake). This lake has its stretches spanning the borders of the Indo-China boundary. What makes this turquoise-coloured lake attractive, is its serene surrounding. Moreover, the climax scene of the Bollywood movie “3 Idiots” gives it a perfect Bollywood touch.
- Royal Leh Palace- One can see Tibetan influence in this palace. This is a nine-storey building situated at the top of a hill. The Royal Leh Palace has been converted into a museum so that tourists can admire the architecture of the palace and the belongings that were used by the royal family who lived here.
- Chadar Trek- Trekking through mountainous landscapes helps you to know about a place closely. Through this trek, you can enjoy a glimpse of the gorgeous Zanskar River, a major tributary of the Indus River.
- Thiksey Gompa- Ladakh houses some of the most beautiful monasteries that you can appreciate as a tourist. One of these is the Thiksey Gompa. The building consists of 12-storey and is located at an altitude of almost 11,800 feet. The monastery has a 49 feet tall statue of Maitreya Buddha in a lotus position. You can visit this monastery any time of the year.
- Tso Kar Lake- Situated almost 50 km away from Tso Moriri Lake, the Tso Kar Lake is known as the “white lake”. The reason for terming this a “white lake”, the shores of Tso Moriri have a lining of salt deposits. The popularity of Tso Kar has risen over the past few years after it has been declared the 42nd Ramsar Site of International Importance.
- Read the complete blog on Places to visit in Leh Ladakh.
Weather in Leh Ladakh in November
Though the weather in Leh-Ladakh is cool throughout the year, during the summer season the temperatures rise making the environment a bit warm. But, if you want to enjoy the cold climate of this cold desert, the winter season is the best.
The winter season in Leh starts in October and strengthens in November and December. The temperature in November hovers around 7 degrees Celsius during the day and below zero degrees Celsius at night. Thus, you need to keep warm clothes to protect yourself from harsh conditions.
Things to Carry to Leh Ladakh in November
During the month of November, the temperature dips in Leh-Ladakh. Thus, you need to carry some important things. Some of them are- good-quality thermals, gloves, socks, etc. Apart from it, carry your prescribed medications, some snacks, a water bottle, etc.
Snowfall in Leh Ladakh in November
Since the Leh-Ladakh region falls at a high altitude, you may witness snowfall in this region. This is because the temperature dips below zero degrees Celsius during the month of November. Thus, in November, Leh-Ladakh looks like a ‘white paradise’.
A good travel experience is treasured for life. To make your trip to Leh-Ladakh a memorable experience, do connect with the team of Cliffhangers India and you will surely not regret it.
- Read the complete blog on Zanskar Valley.
Frequently asked questions?
Is November a good time to visit Leh Ladakh?
Yes, November is a good month to visit Leh Ladakh. If you are an adventure lover then it is the ideal time to visit and enjoy many adventurous activities. November is the winter month in Ladakh when the entire valley is covered with thick snowfall and the weather is also hasrsh cold. The temperature at that time ranges from -9 to -25 degrees Celsius which is very cold.
Is there snowfall in Leh in November?
If you are looking for some thrilling adventurous activities and witness the snowfall then November is a good time to visit Leh Ladakh. Leh Ladakh in November looks like a dreamland that is covered with beautiful snow mountains. High-altitude places in Leh receive heavy snowfall early in this month and the weather is extremely cold.
How cold is Ladakh in November?
The temperature in Ladakh in November is harsh cold, November is the winter here in Ladakh. The average temperature at that time ranges from -10 to -25 degrees Celsius. If you are planning a trip to Ladakh in November do not forget to carry warm clothes and snow boots, that will keep you warm in the cold weather.
Can we visit Leh Ladakh in November?
You can visit Leh Ladakh in November. The roads remain open from May to the end of November. You will experience extremely cold weather, freezing temperatures, frozen lakes, and snow-covered mountain peaks. Leh Ladakh is the perfect travel destination for any kind of tourist. Therefore, if you are planning to visit Ladakh in November, it is a good time to enjoy family vacations and honeymoon trips.
What is the best time to visit Leh Ladakh?
The best time to visit Leh Ladakh is in the summer months. During summer months, the entire Ladakh is in its full glory and the weather is also pleasant at that time. From May to November it is considered the best time to visit Leh Ladakh. At this time all the places are accessible and you can also indulge yourself in many adventurous activities such as trekking, rafting, paragliding, photography, etc.
Is Pangong Lake frozen in Ladakh in November?
The lake remains completely frozen during winter months. Ladakh observes the winter season from November to March, at that time all the lakes remain frozen. Due to the harsh weather conditions, the temperature drops drastically and the valley starts receiving heavy snowfall.