A lot of tourists who come to visit Kashmir in the winter season ask us what to wear in Kashmir. What clothes to bring for the winter tour to Kashmir? Below mentioned are some of the essential things that you need to carry if you are traveling to Kashmir in the winter season.
1. Winter Essentials
Kashmir in winter is a cold place. It receives snowfall and the temperature drops to below zero degrees Celsius. If you are coming from mainland India, or any place which has hot weather, you need to give particular consideration to what to carry for winter in Kashmir. Here are some of the essentials:
- Good Shoes: You need to have proper winter shoes, normal walking sports shoes will not work here. In case you have opted for a winter trek or hike, you must carry the proper trekking shoes. Your shoes should be ankle-high preferably.
- Fleece and Jacket: Do carry two inner fleece that you will need here, one sweater and one padded jacket.
- Woolen Cap, gloves, socks, and goggles: Carry a pair of woolen socks, winter hand gloves, and a woolen cap to cover your head and ears. Also, don’t forget to carry your goggles, the snow reflection is quite killer for your eyes.
- Moisturisers/cold creams: In winter as the winter chill makes your skin rough and harsh, you need to carry essentials like lip balm, moisturizers, etc.
2. Skiing Essentials
Since skiing is a winter activity, you might be visiting Kashmir and want to try some ski runs or a complete ski course. Here is what you need to bring for skiing in Kashmir.
Skiing requires extra things to carry than a normal winter tour to Kashmir. Here are some of the essentials you need to carry if you are coming skiing in Kashmir: a Ski Jacket, Ski trousers (salopettes/ski pants), several pairs of Ski socks, Ski gloves, a Ski cap, and Ski goggles, a proper ski shoes that can fit in ski equipment, warm jacket or a down jacket for the use when not doing the skiing during morning and evening.
3. Trekking Essentials
There are multiple snow treks here in Kashmir. In case you find yourself interested in a snow trek here in Kashmir. Keep the below-mentioned clothes in your backpack.
- Backpack & rain cover, trekking shoes preferably high-ankle ones, day pack to carry the trek essentials like a lunch box, water bottle, sunglasses, sunscreen, protein bars, etc, headlamp/torch, trekking pole, personal medical kit.
- Thermals, fleece jacket, feather jacket, waterproof pants, sun cap, woolen cap: toiletries like sunscreen, lip balm, toilet paper, hand sanitizer, toothbrush & toothpaste, hand towel, sanitary napkins, etc.